PAL OPEN GYM PROGRAM
The program is open to all 6th, 7th, 8th grade, Middle School and High
School students that are also residents of
THIS IS AN UNSUPERVISED PROGRAM.
PARENTS MAY NOT DROP OFF YOUNGER SIBLINGS IF OLDER CHILDREN MEET AGE REQUIREMENTS.
To participate, students must first complete an open gym registration form
that requires the signature of a parent or guardian. Forms are available at the
This program has been funded through June 30 2005 by a grant from the 2005 Police Athletic League Youth Enrichment Program (PALYEP)
Open Gym Rules
· Participants must sign in at front desk upon arrival and show proof of residency (student ID, drivers license).
· Absolutely NO FOOD, DRINK OR GUM is permitted in the gym.
· Athletic shoes and appropriate gym attire must be worn at all times.
· Absolutely NO DUNKING OR HANGING ON THE RIM.
· Horseplay, fighting, swearing, abusive language and/or destruction of PAL property will result in the immediate termination of open gym privileges.
· Pick-up basketball games are allowed, however, the rules below must be followed:
1. Games will be played to 15 points.
2. The winning team advances to the next game.
3. After 2 consecutive games, the winning team must sit for at least one game if other players are waiting.
4. Next five players waiting with names posted on the board have the next game.
· Indoor soccer is limited to one gym. You must check with building assistant prior to use.
· Open Gym is an unsupervised, unstructured program. Participation is at your own risk.
· Disruptive and dangerous behavior will not be tolerated. West Milford Township Police will be contacted and a complaint filed against the individual.
· Courts may be divided for different age groups when and if needed.